Manuscripts, presentations, and white papers
Good research has the ability to change the course of health policy or real-world practice—but only if it reaches the right audiences. In developing research studies, PHE often considers a dedicated dissemination strategy to maximize impact. The target audiences, level of evidence required, and desired outlets for dissemination are important factors in determining the specific approach PHE recommends in each situation.
And this approach works. PHE has a track record of publishing original research and thought-leading perspectives in high-impact peer-reviewed journals and scientific conferences spanning multiple disciplines including health policy, economics, and medicine. PHE has also collaborated with clients to arrange coordinated research initiatives. These initiatives have included policy events in Washington as well as special issues of leading journals such as Health Affairs and the American Journal of Managed Care to highlight broader themes across research studies.
- Chandra A, et al. Utility of cancer value frameworks for patients, payers, and physicians. JAMA. 2016.
- Dzau VJ. Aligning incentives to fulfill the promise of personalised medicine. Lancet. 2015.
- American Journal of Managed Care Special Issue, May 2016: HCV
- Health Affairs Special Issue, April, 2015: The cost and quality of cancer care
- Health Affairs Special Issue, March 2014: The ACA & vulnerable Americans: HIV/AIDS; jails
- American Journal of Managed Care Special Issue, November, 2012: New approaches to measuring value in oncology therapy
- Health Affairs Special Issue, April, 2012: Issues in cancer care: value, costs & quality