David Grabowski, PhD
Scientific Advisor, PHE
Professor of Health Policy, Department of Health Policy, Harvard Medical School
Dr. Grabowski’s research has focused on the economics of aging, including assessments of the value of care received in post-acute and long-term settings. Dr. Grabowski is a member of the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission (MedPAC), a legislative branch agency that provides the US Congress with recommendations and analysis on the Medicare program. Dr. Grabowski is on the editorial boards of the American Journal of Health Economics, Medical Care Research & Review, and B.E. Journals in Economic Analysis & Policy. He also serves as an associate editor for the Forum for Health Economics & Policy.
PhD, Public Policy, Irving B. Harris School of Public Policy, University of Chicago
BA, Public Policy and Psychology, Duke University
- Grabowski DC. Cost sharing and home health care. JAMA Intern Med. 2017.
- Grabowski DC, et al. The impact of nursing home pay-for-performance on quality and Medicare spending: results from the Nursing Home Value-based Purchasing Demonstration. Health Serv Res. 2017.
- Grabowski DC, et al. The large social value resulting from use of statins warrants steps to improve adherence and broaden treatment. Health Aff (Millwood). 2012.
- Mor V, et al. The revolving door of rehospitalization from skilled nursing facilities. Health Aff (Millwood). 2010.
- Sommers BD, et al. What is Medicaid? More than meets the eye. JAMA. 2017.