Darius Lakdawalla, PhD
Chief Scientific Officer, PHE
Professor and Quintiles Chair in Pharmaceutical Development and Regulatory Innovation
Dr. Lakdawalla’s work has been published in leading journals of economics, medicine, and health policy, and funded by the National Institute on Aging, the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, and the National Bureau of Economic Research. He is also a past winner of the annual Milken Institute Distinguished Economic Research Award for best research in the field of economics, and winner of the Garfield Award for best research on medical innovation. Dr. Lakdawalla is a research associate within the National Bureau of Economic Research’s programs in healthcare and in health economics. He is an associate editor at the Journal of Health Economics, the American Journal of Health Economics, and the Review of Economics and Statistics.
PhD, Economics, University of Chicago
BA, Mathematics and Philosophy, Amherst College
ASSOCIATED CASE STUDIES
- Lakdawalla DN, et al. An economic evaluation of the war on cancer. J Health Econ. 2010.
- Lakdawalla DN, et al. How cancer patients value hope and the implications for cost-effectiveness assessments of high-cost cancer therapies. Health Aff (Millwood). 2012.
- Lakdawalla D, et al. The insurance value of medical innovation. J Public Econ. 2017.
- Lakdawalla D, et al. What do pharmaceuticals really cost in the long run? Am J Manag Care. 2017.
- Philipson TJ, et al. Impact of nutritional supplementation on hospital outcomes. Am J Manag Care. 2013.