NanoString assays, processed and analyzed using the NanoString nCounter® platform, provide a unique way to quickly analyze several hundred distinct gene or protein targets simultaneously using barcoded counting. Pre-existing validated panels also make it possible to view expression levels of a selection of several hundred genes simultaneously – ideal for use in oncology and immuno-oncology therapeutic development. Additionally, NanoString technology can be used on legacy samples or samples of poor quality, such as FFPE RNA.
Precision’s scientific experts will recommend a validated panel or other approach, and can perform NanoString assays as either an individual service, or as part of a comprehensive therapeutic development package including biomarker assays and clinical trials.
Tumor analysis and immune profiling using NanoString
The ability to probe tumors to determine how “hot” or “cold” the tumors are can provide useful information during a clinical study. By analyzing up to 800 genes (770 standard and up to 30 customized target genes of interest), we can monitor checkpoint inhibitor status, and profile the body’s immune response. Precision specializes in using these and other custom panels to support oncology therapeutic development, as well as to monitor immune status to support development of autoimmune indication therapies.
Example selection of frequently used NanoString panels:
- PanCancer Pathways Panel
- PanCancer Immune Profiling Panel
- PanCancer Progression Panel
- PanCancer IO360™ Gene Expression Panel
Sample types analyzed:
- Solid tumor biopsies
- FFPE (formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded)
- Blood (liquid biopsy)
Autoimmune: Phase 2b clinical study in atopic dermatitis
- Antibody therapy targeting effector and memory immune responses
- Precision recommended the PanCancer Immune Profiling Panel in conjunction with a custom panel of 14 genes
- Result: Determined 4 biomarker key endpoints correlating with patient response
Oncology: Phase 1/2 clinical trial to determine method of action
- Therapy to target patients with metastatic solid tumor
- Precision recommended the PanCancer Immune Profiling Panel to analyze 770 genes from 24 different immune cell types, common checkpoint inhibitors, and genes covering both adaptive and innate immune response
Oncology: Phase 1/2 trial in solid tumors
- Precision recommended an nCounter® Copy Number Variation CodeSet to determine gene copy number in 8 targeted genes in biopsy samples